Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Liquid Measurement Lesson




Well, since all my Waldorf homeschooling friends are showing their kids liquid measurment lesson I thought I would too! Here is Robin after learning all about cups, pints, quarts, and gallons. On the blackboard is the big G illustration showing the relations. Robin made a copy for his lesson book as he went along. This was actually a pretty fun lesson, and we have been able to reinforce it daily as we started milking our goat, Mocha. She gives us about a quart per milking right now, so we ask things like "If we need a gallon for cheese, how many days do we need to save up?" Of course, right now we are drinking every drop, it is soooo good!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I've never tasted goat's milk, but have always wanted to.

I loved teaching liquid measurements to Kayla. It's something I never could quite grasp myself, and now it all makes sense and I can remember how many of "this" makes "that." :)